In our last newsletter we told you about our new country cooking school as well as the variety of natural free-range products that we are able to supply you, direct from small scale farmers in the Magalies Valley. Our first order forms will go out later this week with deliveries made on Saturday, 1 September. We will do a delivery into Wickedfood Cooking School at Sunninghill, for collection. If you have not yet subscribed to receive an order form with weekly specials, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word subscribe in the subject line. See below for more details.
It’s crazy to think that the Christmas entertaining season is just around the corner. We are already receiving bookings from companies who are looking for a unique way to say thank you to the staff and customers. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to receive the special Christmas menu.
As usual our individual classes are filling up rather quickly for the next two weeks – see below for details.
Looking for info on food?
If you have any food-related questions, or a dish that you just can’t get right or even a certain recipe that you are looking for, but just can’t seem to find, then contact us and we will do our best to answer it as soon as possible. Click Here for more information. Hope to hear from you soon.
Wickedfood Cooking School news
The Cooking class programmes for August and September are up on the internet. Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes with a minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 12 giving everyone hands-on experience and keeping the cooking class small enough for maximum learning. These cooking classes are conducted by our senior instructors who have extensive experience in the food industry and share a variety of additional cooking tips throughout the cooking class.
- Sunday 26 August at 4pm – Easy to prepare Italian dishes (R410pp). Italian cuisine is one of the most common cuisines available all around the world. In this Italian cooking class we learn to cook these 6 great dishes with an Italian flair including tomato pizza, bean and pasta soup, cannelloni, grilled fish, bean salad and lemon tart.
- Monday 27 August at 6pm – Home-style Middle Eastern cooking (R410pp). A delicious combination of easy to prepare dishes with a strong Lebanese influence. The secret to mastering Lebanese cuisine lies in the preparation and organization of the menu and in the fact that Lebanese dishes store and reheat well. This Middle Eastern cooking class includes baba ghanoush, h’reesy, bean stew, Lebanese rice, Lebanese bread salad, making pita breads and rice pudding within an apricot compote.
- Monday 03 September at 6pm – Mexican flavours (R420pp). The history of traditional Mexican food is a long and complex one, and every bit of the complexity is reflected in the sheer variety of flavours in Mexican cuisine. Present day Mexican cuisine has evolved into something truly extraordinary. Join us in this Mexican cooking class as we blend the exotic flavours with that of the new world flavours which includes melted cheese with mushrooms coriander soup, lamb in a chilli sauce, and rice pudding.
- Sunday 09 September at 4pm – Classic French cooking (R410pp). The French have an ongoing love affair with food, and in this French cooking class we teach home gourmets and enthusiasts alike how to create these wonderful foods with our introduction to classic French cuisine which includes cheese soufflé, potato and leek soup, coq au vin, potato gratin, and tarte tatin.
- Monday 10 September at 6pm – 30 minute meals (R420pp). Trying to juggle work and home commitments can be tough in this day and age, and the statement of ‘who has time to cook these days’ is on the increase. In this ‘30 Minute meals’ cooking class we show participants how to produce quick and easy 30-minute meals that are delicious and well balanced. Dishes include chickpea and pumpkin curry, grilled beef, grilled tuna and rich chocolate self-saucing pudding.
Natural free range products
At Wickedfood Cooking School we believe in promoting quality products. We’ve joined forces with a number of small scale farmers in the Magalies Valley and as of Saturday, 1 September will be delivering a variety of natural free range products into Wickedfood Cooking School at Sunninghill, for collection. products in this week’s bar script will include:
- Free range meats including pork and chicken;
- Artisanal hand crafted sausages and bacon;
- Free range eggs; and
- The selection of natural preserves and chilli sauces.
If you have not yet subscribed to receive an order form with weekly specials, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word subscribe in the subject line.
Cookbook of the week
Donna Hay is certainly the doyen of cookbook authors in Australia. In her latest cookbook she once again illustrates this food philosophy. With over 160 mouth-watering recipes, all beautifully photographed, this book is a must for the modern cook, those with limited time who love good food. It is equally inspiring for the novice who is finding their way around the kitchen for the first time, and the accomplished cook, looking for new ideas. …. Click here to read more.
Click Here for reviews of all our cookbook reviews.
Food quote of the week
“Always take a good look at what you’re about to eat. It’s not so important to know what it is, but it’s critical to know what it was.” – Unknown
Recipes of the week:
Two recipes from our cookbook of the week, Fast, Fresh, Simple, which together would make a fantastic casual dinner menu for entertaining friends. If you make any of these dishes , send us a picture on facebook. …. Click Here for all our recipes.
Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built Johannesburg cooking studio. Cookery classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – teambuilding cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference. Our cooking lessons are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and team building cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.