This delicious pasta sauce is quick and easy to make. It is a firm favourite in Wickedfood Cooking School’s pasta cooking classes. Do not overcook the pasta and serve immediately once cooked. If the sauce seems to thick, add a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water, to thin the sauce down.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium onion, finely sliced
4 sausages, Italian, beef or pork, skinned
250g mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup port or sweet sherry
250g thick cream
100g pecorino cheese, freshly grated
500g tagliatelle or Farfalle
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil. Fry the onion and sausage until golden, breaking up the sausage as you cook it.
- Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook for approximately three minutes.
- Add the port and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the cream and heat through.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and mix well.
- Serve immediately with some freshly grated pecorino on top.
Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built cooking studios. Classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – team building cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference.
Our classes are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and teambuilding cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.