Served with grilled mushrooms and a Béarnaise sauce. The meat can either be roasted quickly in the oven, or over a hot braai. Serve with mashed, roasted or baked potatoes.
±2,2kg beef Roast
Freshly ground black pepper
2T olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper, and rub with oil.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over a high heat. When very hot, sear the beef on all sides until browned.
- Transfer the beef to a roasting tin. Roast, allowing 7 minutes per 500g for rare (internal temp. – 45 to 50°C), and 10 minutes per 500g for medium beef (internal temp. – 55 to 60°C).
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest in a warm place, for at least ±10 minutes. (Or roast over hot coals on the braai for about 10 minutes on each side.)
- Cut the meat into thick slices and serve with the grilled vegetables. Drizzle with the pan juices and serve with Béarnaise sauce.
Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built Johannesburg cooking studios. Cookery classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). This team building venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – team building cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference.
Our cooking lessons are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and teambuilding cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.