½ cup (55g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
¾ cup (90g) almond meal (ground almonds)
2 egg whites
100g butter, melted
160g dark chocolate, melted
4 small squares dark chocolate, extra
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Place the flour, sugar, almond meal, egg whites, butter and melted chocolate in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spoon half the mixture into 4 x ½-cup capacity (125ml) lightly greased dariole moulds.
- Divide the extra chocolate squares among the moulds and top with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked but soft in the middle.
- Stand in tins for 5–7 minutes before turning out.
Click here for other recipes from the book
Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built Johannesburg cooking studio. Cookery classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – teambuilding cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference. Our cooking lessons are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and team building cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.