In under two months most of you will be on holiday for the Christmas period. To ensure that you put a memorable Christmas meal on the table, we are offering two very different Christmas cooking classes for individuals in November, see below for details.
This is the busiest time of the year for Wickedfood Cooking School. Many of our corporate clients use the teambuilding cooking classes as a way of celebrating the end of year with their staff and clients. We still have a few openings for November and December, so if you are still planning something, don’t delay, contact the school for more information.
For the competition this week we have an absolutely fantastic prize, two tickets for Chef, Rattle and Roll, a musical that literally cooks on stage, at the Globe Theatre, Gold Reef City, see details below.
Looking for info on food?
If you have any food-related questions, or a dish that you just can’t get right or even a certain recipe that you are looking for, but just can’t seem to find, then contact us and we will do our best to answer it as soon as possible. Click Here for more information. Hope to hear from you soon.
Wickedfood Cooking School news
The Cooking class programmes for October and November are up on the internet. Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes with a minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 12 giving everyone hands-on experience and keeping the cooking class small enough for maximum learning. These cooking classes are conducted by our senior instructors who have extensive experience in the food industry and share a variety of additional cooking tips throughout the cooking class.
- Sunday 21 October at 4pm – Classic Indian dishes (R430pp). Indian food is a diverse and extraordinary one, reflecting a complex layering of cultures through history and based on religious beliefs, geography, climate and availability of ingredients. India’s range of cuisine can amaze even a connoisseur. Different regions in India offer their own specialities with their very own taste, subtlety and aroma. The exotic tastes, hues and textures of Indian food have ensured a steady growth in popularity in the West. Join us in discovering these incredible dishes in our Indian cooking class cooking authentic Indian dishes including chicken mulligatawny, classic lamb buriyani, soya korma, spicy chick peas, naans and coconut pasties.
- Monday 22 October at 6pm – Alfresco Italian dining (R430pp). Note that there is no such thing as ‘Italian cuisine’ with a unique nation-wide tradition of preparing food. Our Italian cooking class showcases the best tastes of alfresco summer dining and easy entertaining, including char grilled asparagus, affettati misti, insalata caprese, chicken involtini and Hanepoort semifreddo.
- Monday 29 November at 6pm – Informal festive entertaining (R430pp). Entertaining during Christmas time does not have to be laborious and stressful, our informal festive Christmas cooking class takes the stress out of Christmas food planning. Dishes include potato cakes, seafood salad, orange glazed baby chickens, Waldorf salad, mushroom and cheese pie and a quick microwave Christmas pudding and brandy cream sauce.
- Monday 05 November at 6pm – 30 minute meals (R430pp). Trying to juggle work and home commitments can be tough in this day and age, and the statement of ‘who has time to cook these days’ is on the increase. In this ‘30 Minute meals’ cooking class we show participants how to produce quick and easy 30-minute meals that are delicious and well balanced. Dishes include spinach salad, braised chicken, lamb curry, stuffed calamari, and fish burgers.
- Monday 12 November at 6pm – Alternative to a traditional Christmas dinner (R430pp). Entertaining during Christmas time does not have to be laborious and stressful, our informal festive Christmas cooking class takes the stress out of Christmas food planning. Dishes include chicken liver pâté, sun-dried tomato soup, roasted medallions of sirloin, Waldorf salad and a quick microwave Christmas pudding and brandy cream sauce.
Chef, Rattle and Roll concert
Take a wannabe celebrity chef, a trio of the prettiest girl singers in town, a whole bunch of the most loved rock ‘n roll songs of all time, and a live four-piece band that’s hotter than a naked chilli, and you’ve got a show that literally cooks on stage!! That’s right, in between the singing and dancing they actually cook a three-course meal on stage. And to crown it all, Wickedfood Cooking School developed the recipes and trained the cast. On at the Globe Theatre at Gold Reef City until 3 November. Bookings 011 258-5000 or at Computicket.
For this week’s competition we have an absolutely fantastic prize, two tickets for Chef, Rattle and Roll, on Friday 2 November. To enter simply post an entry on the Wickedfood Cooking School Facebook page about your experiences at the cooking school. The post that we adjudge to be the best, by Friday 19 October, will win this great prize.
Cookbook of the week
Delicious recipes together with inspiring information on Spanish ingredients, cooking methods and culinary traditions, MoVida captures the essence and exuberance of Spanish cuisine. …. Click here to read more.
Click Here for reviews of all our cookbook reviews.
Food quote of the week
“ Of soup and love, the first is best.” – Spanish Proverb
Recipe of the week
Grilled pork served with two lively sauces: a fresh oregano and raw garlic sauce, and a red sauce made from piquillo peppers and chilli. …. Click Here for all our recipes.
Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built Johannesburg cooking studio. Cookery classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – teambuilding cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference. Our cooking lessons are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and team building cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.