In amongst all the strange and wonderful recipes of ‘Fäviken, one stumbles across a recipe that seems to be out of place in the unique world of Chef Magnus Milsson. However after one reads the story behind this ‘out of place’ recipe you gain a far greater understanding of its appearance in ‘Fäviken’. Given to Chef Milsson from his first chef, Douglas, hired at his restaurant. The recipe was inherited by Douglas from his late grandmother and has become a firm favourite of chef Nilsson’s.
Although this may seem a simple recipe it is one that every cook should have in their arsenal for unexpected guests and as a ‘whenever’ treat.
1T baking powder
300g butter, at room temperature
2 free range eggs
Raspberry, strawberry or cloudberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
2. Knead the flour, baking powder and sugar together with the butter until well mixed.
3. Lightly beat the eggs, add them to the mixture and work until smooth, taking care not to overwork the dough.
4. Immediately shape the dough into little balls.
5. Make an indent in the middle of your ball and place onto a baking tray.
6. Fill each indent with your chosen jam.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Eat as soon as cool enough to enjoy them at their best.