Strips of marinated steak, in a tomato-based sauce. A delicious starter, or for a more substantial meal, serve with crusty Portuguese bread, or rolls.
±2T grapeseed oil
4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 medium onions, finely chopped
500g rump or sirloin steak, cut into 1cm cubes
1 bay leaf
±2/3 cup white wine
1T tomato purée
2-4 chillies, chopped (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 loaf crusty Portuguese bread
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan or shallow pot. Add the garlic and onion, and fry, until soft and just beginning to change colour.
- Add the meat and brown all over.
- Add bay leaf, wine, tomato purée and chilli (if using).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thrown in some black olives (optional)
- Serve with some crusty bread.
Serves 4 to 6 as a starter
Sunninghill – (011) email@example.com
Runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built cooking studios. Classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – team building cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference.
Our classes are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and teambuilding cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.