At Wickedfood Cooking School, we offer cooking classes for individuals on every alternate Sunday afternoon and most Mondays. On Sunday just gone by, we ran a pasta cooking class, where students learned the art of making pasta, including how to make flavoured pasta and how to fill pasta, as well as a variety of pasta sauces.
The class was presented by Mike, our development chef, and attended by twelve eager students, two of whom were there as prize winners for our recent competition.
During the class the students were shown that techniques of making four flavoured pastas:
- Chilli tagliatelle – with a seafood cream;
- Yellow and green Tagliatelle – beautiful colours with a cream, chicken and mushroom sauce;
- Pepper fettuccini – with a simple cream and parmesan sauce (Alfredo sauce)
- Fried sweet pasta – with grappa in the dough.
They also made two delicious filled pastas:
- Cappelletti – with a butter cream sauce.
- Beef filled spinach ravioli – with a mushroom, tomato and red wine sauce.
Click here for more pictures of students learning to make pasta
For more on making pasta click on one of the links below:
- Making Fresh Pasta
- Pasta Dough
- Mushroom sauce for pasta
- Colouring pasta
- Broccoli and Pesto Tagliatelle
- Beef bolognese
- Basil Pesto
- Fettuccine with sausage & tomatoes
- Baker’s spaghetti
Wickedfood Cooking School
Sunninghill – (011) 234-3252 email@example.com
Wickedfood Cooking School in Johannesburg runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built cooking studios in Johannesburg. Cookery classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). This team building venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – team building cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference.
Our cooking classes are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and teambuilding cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.