Sunday 2nd April – Flavours of the Middle East cooking Workshop
(R495pp) from 9:30am to ±2pm
Mezzes are the best known aspect of the Middle Eastern cuisine. A typical Middle-Eastern meal will consist of a number of mezzes, served together with flat bread. Two of our directors have Lebanese ancestry, and have grown up celebrating most occasions with a Lebanese banquet. This hands-on cooking workshop will explore a variety of classic Middle Eastern mezze dishes. Included in the price is tea and coffee on arrival, extensive notes, the cooking class and lunch at the end of the workshop.
The programme for the day is as follows:
- 9:30am – Tea or coffee on arrival;
- 10:00am – Introduction and hands-on cooking class on how to prepare:
- Baba ghanoush – roast eggplant blended with garlic, tahini and olive oil, one of the classic Middle Eastern mezze dishes;
- Hummous – chick pea dip;
- Bean and roast tomato stew – great vegetarian standby;
- Kibbi naye – Fresh ground lamb, the Lebanese national dish.
- Pita breads – the secrets of making the perfect pita bread;
- Fattoush – a classic Lebanese salad ;
- Baklava – Layers of filo pastry and golden roasted nuts with a sugar lemon syrup;
- Sit down to enjoy the meal you have prepared.
- ± 2:30pm depart.
When: Sunday 2nd April from 9:30am to ±2pm
Where: Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, Hekpoort, just 65km from Fourways in the beautiful Magalies Valley;
Cost: R495pp, No children under 16