Peach and chilli hot sauce
R55.00 – R60.00
A blend of 8 different organically grown peppers and chillies to give a unique flavour profile. To build the flavour profile further, we have added puréed fresh peach, fresh garlic, ginger and a blend of spices, to create a delicious hot, sweet, salty sauce, with a hint of sour to balance the flavour profile further.
This Peach and chilli hot sauce comes from the gardens of Wickedfood Earth Farm. These food gardens and orchards are planted with a wide variety of heirloom vegetables and herbs, and the extensive orchards have over 50 varieties of fruit and nut trees, and berries. These food gardens are internationally recognized by Slow Food as an important educational garden. We bottle all excess fruit and vegetables at the peak of their ripeness. All our fruit and vegetables are grown along organic lines, free of insecticides, fertilizers or any other poisons. We hand-make small batches of a wide range of preservative-free preserves, jams, chutneys, relishes, sauces and bottled fruit. This ensures that by not over-processing, the peach and chilli hot sauce is concentrated with natural flavours.
- Making sticky chicken wings or chicken flatties? – pour over the chicken, rub it in and allow it to marinate overnight, then roast off the coals on a kettle braai.
- Ribs – pour over the meat, rub it in and allow it to marinate overnight. Place in a roasting dish with 1-2 cups water, cider or beer, cover with foil and cook for 1-2 hours in the oven at 130°C, or until tender. Finish over a hot fire until crisp, but not burned. Reduce the sauce if necessary and serve on the side;
- As a baste for any braaied meat – steaks, chicken or pork chops.
- Use instead of tomato sauce for a bit of zing on hamburgers and boerewors rolls, or serve with fish and chips;
- Mix with equal quantities of mayonnaise and smooth cream cheese, for a spicy dip for raw vegetables or chips.