Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School is offering a very special Valentines day experience, on a choice of two days:
- Saturday 13 February or;
- Sunday 14 February.
Spend the day in the country, with a special person in your life, enjoying scrumptious food and good company. The day will include a hands-on cooking demonstration where we show you the elements of preparing a delicious 4-course meal and accompaniments, as well as tips on plating the various courses – you will also receive comprehensive recipe notes. This will be followed by a gourmet 4-course sit-down lunch accompanied by a complimentary glass of sparkling wine with the starters, and a glass of white wine with the main course (you are also welcome to bring your own special drinks for the occasion).
The programme for each of the days is as follows:
- 11:00am – Tea, coffee and home-made eats on arrival;
- 11:30am – Introduction and practical hands-on demonstration. Each couple will get to prepare the following:
Chilled cucumber yoghurt soup;
Chicken and mushroom pot pies;
Vegetable side dishes – green beans and glazed baby carrots, and baby smashed potatoes;
Assemble and garnish the desserts.
- ± 1pm – Sit down to enjoy the meal you have prepared.
- ± 3pm depart.
- Mezze platter for 2 to share – dips, cold meats, side salad and homemade bread, all produced on the farm.
- Chilled cucumber yoghurt soup – with bread sticks (made ahead).
- Chicken and mushroom pot pies – slow cooked chicken, in a rich homemade chicken stock, with a thick creamy mushroom sauce, covered with puff pastry and cooked to crispy golden brown.
- Green beans and glazed baby carrots – for good colour and flavour.
- Baby smashed potatoes – with bacon bits and crumbled feta.
- Trio of small desserts:
Mini pavlovas – with cream and seasonal fresh fruit;
Strawberry jelly hearts – layered, on a cheesecake base;
Chocolate mousse quenelle.
Where: Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, Hekpoort, just 65km from Fourways in the beautiful Magalies Valley;
When: Saturday 13 February or Sunday 14 February from 10:30am to 3pm.
Cost: R990 per couple, no children under 16. Included in the price is the 4-course sit-down lunch, the hands-on cooking demonstration and complimentary wine with the meal, as indicated.
For more information, or to book Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or email@example.com
(terms and conditions apply)