For the past 10 years Wickedfood Cooking School has been offering Valentine’s Day celebrations with a difference. This year we once again have 3 dates to choose from, and 2 exciting and very different Valentine’s Day options:
- Friday 13 or Saturday 14 February at 6pm – Romantic Valentine’s dinner, easy summer entertaining at Wickedfood cooking school, Sunninghill (R950 per couple).
Join the staff at the Wickedfood Cooking School Sunninghill, with the love of your life for a Valentine’s dinner with a difference. Not only will you get to enjoy a delicious 4-course dinner, but you will learn the secrets of how to cook it. Included in the price is a welcome glass of sparkling wine, house wine while preparing the food, and some specialist wines, complementing the food, with the meal. Space is limited to 30 students per class, so book early. The menu will be as follows:
- Oyster shooter – oyster, in a shot glass, with tomato cocktail, and vodka.
- Insalata Caprese – layered tomatoes, basil and mozzarella, dressed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Asian prawn soup – a blend between a prawn bisque and southeast Asian coconut soup.
- Chicken Involtini – chicken breasts, filled with mortadella and fontina, and braised.
- Mini vegetable filo pies – mixed vegetables and grains, with a blend of spices.
- Chocolate pots – easy mousse that can be made the day before, served in espresso cups.
- White chocolate truffles – a uniquely rich taste of white chocolate and orange liqueur centres, dusted with cocoa.
- Sunday 15 February at 11:00am – Valentine celebration at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, Hekpoort, just 65km from Fourways in the beautiful Magalies Valley (R950 per couple, no children under 16).
Spend the day in the country, with a special person in your life, enjoying scrumptious food and good company. The day will include a cooking demonstration (all ingredients will be sourced from the farm or surrounding area, and are naturally grown) where we teach you the elements of preparing delicious free-range baby roast chickens and accompaniments, as well as tips on plating the various courses.
Included in the price is a gourmet 4-course sit-down lunch, the hands-on cooking demonstration and wine with the meal. The programme for the day is as follows:
- 11:00am – Tea, coffee and home-made eats on arrival;
- 11:30am – Introduction and practical demonstration. Each couple will get to prepare the following:
Free-range baby roast chickens on the kettlebraai;
Potato gratin – sliced potatoes baked with cream;
- ± 1pm – Sit down to enjoy the meal you have prepared. The meal will include:
A mezza platter for 2 to share, of dips, cold meats and homemade bread, all produced on the farm;
Cold summer soup;
Free-range baby roast chickens and vegetables that you have prepared with your partner during the hands-on demonstration;
Medley of desserts for 2 to share, produced with ingredients from the valley;
and coffee/tea and petit fours.
- ± 3pm depart.
For more information, or to book Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or email@example.com
(terms and conditions apply)