Wickedfood® Cooking School is an educational facility, offering tuition in a wide range of culinary skills to the public and corporate world in a fun, safe environment. We run classes (subject to a minimum of 12 people) throughout the year at its purpose-built cooking studios, in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week. The venue is also available for corporate and private functions – birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference. Our classes are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups these classes are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.
Our first classes were run from restaurant premises in Illovo in October 2001. In May 2002, the school was moved to a purpose-built kitchen in Fourways, accommodating up to 16 students per class. Over the next 2 years the school developed a highly successful formula that is in great demand to both individual clients and the corporate environment. A new school opened in Montecasino, Fourways, Sandton, in mid 2004. Our second franchise opened in Boksburg in 2006. Our newest school opened in Sunninghill in August 2007. The school can accommodate up to 60 people in hands-on classes in state-of-the-art, purpose-built, teaching kitchens and offer over 30 classes (including special halaal options) specifically for the corporate and group market.
Scheduled individual classes run on Monday at 18h00 and every second Sunday at 16h00. Group classes are run on dates and times convenient to clients, subject to availability. All classes are hands on and run for approximately 3 to 3 and half hours, including tasting the food prepared, at the end of the class. The format of each class is as follows:
- Introduction to the preparation of all the dishes to be cooked. We work on a minimum of 6 dishes per class. Each class is a separate module where a full menu is prepared.
- The students are divided into groups, and each student gets involved in preparing the various dishes
- At the end of the class, participants enjoy the food that they have prepared.
- Extensive notes and recipes;
- All ingredients and use of an apron;
- Teas, coffees (on request) and soft drinks in the morning classes; limited white and red house wine by the glass, and soft drinks in the evening classes;
- Tasting the food at the end.
Bring only your enthusiasm and willingness to learn.