Wickedfood® Cooking School is an educational facility, offering tuition in a wide range of culinary skills to the public and corporate world in a fun, safe environment. We run cooking classes and food workshops (subject to a minimum of 10 people) throughout the year at our purpose-built country cooking school. The venue is also available for corporate and private functions – team building, product launches, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference. Our cooking classes and workshops are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. Cooking classes are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups these cooking classes and cooking workshops are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.
Our first cooking classes were run from restaurant premises in Illovo in October 2001. In May 2002, the cooking school was moved to a purpose-built teaching kitchen in Fourways, accommodating up to 16 students per cooking class. Over the next 2 years the cooking school developed a highly successful formula that is in great demand to both individual clients and the corporate environment. A new cooking school opened in Montecasino, Fourways, Sandton, in mid 2004. Our second franchise cooking school opened in Boksburg in 2006. The Montecasino cooking school premises became too small and our flagship franchise cooking school moved and opened in Sunninghill in August 2007.
In 2014 our founder moved to a sustainable working farm in the Magalies Valley and opened Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School. This cooking school’s emphases is on sustainable food and skills training, as well as creating tailor-made food events.
The Country Cooking School can accommodate up to 100 people in hands-on cooking classes in state-of-the-art, purpose-built, teaching kitchens and outside cooking areas, and offers a wide variety of cooking classes (including special halaal options) specifically for the corporate and group market. More….
- For scheduled individual classes click here.
- Group classes are run on dates and times convenient to clients, subject to availability.
- Introduction to the preparation of all the dishes to be cooked. Each class is a separate module where a full menu is prepared.
- The students are divided into groups, and each student gets involved in preparing the various dishes
- At the end of the class, participants enjoy the food that they have prepared.
All cooking classes are hands on and run for approximately 4 hours, including sitting down to enjoy the food prepared, at the end of the cooking class. The format of each class is as follows:
- Extensive notes and recipes;
- All ingredients and use of an apron;
- Teas, coffees (on request) in the morning classes;
- Enjoying the food at the end.
Bring only your enthusiasm and willingness to learn.