In our last newsletter, we mentioned corporate entertaining for the festive season. We are pleased to announce that we have already received a number of bookings from companies who are looking for a unique way to say thank you to the staff and customers. Click here for a selection of mouthwatering programmes, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive the special Christmas menu.
Our classes for individuals for the next two weeks once again have plenty to offer, whether its classical French cooking, A mouthwatering Moroccan tagine, quick and easy every day meals, or tips from celebrity chefs, we have something for everyone – see below for details.
Looking for info on food?
If you have any food-related questions, or a dish that you just can’t get right or even a certain recipe that you are looking for, but just can’t seem to find, then contact us and we will do our best to answer it as soon as possible. Click Here for more information. Hope to hear from you soon.
Wickedfood Cooking School news
The Cooking class programmes for September and October are up on the internet. Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes with a minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 12 giving everyone hands-on experience and keeping the cooking class small enough for maximum learning. These cooking classes are conducted by our senior instructors who have extensive experience in the food industry and share a variety of additional cooking tips throughout the cooking class.
- Sunday 09 September at 4pm – Classic French cooking (R410pp). The French have an ongoing love affair with food, and in this French cooking class we teach home gourmets and enthusiasts alike how to create these wonderful foods with our introduction to classic French cuisine which includes cheese soufflé, potato and leek soup, coq au vin, potato gratin, and tarte tatin.
- Monday 10 September at 6pm – 30 minute meals (R420pp). Trying to juggle work and home commitments can be tough in this day and age, and the statement of ‘who has time to cook these days’ is on the increase. In this ‘30 Minute Meals’ cooking class we show participants how to produce quick and easy 30-minute meals that are delicious and well balanced. Dishes include chickpea and pumpkin curry, grilled beef, grilled tuna and rich chocolate self-saucing pudding.
- Monday 17 September at 6pm – Simply Asian with Neil Perry (R420pp). Revered as one of Australia’s foremost chefs and international TV food celebrity, Neil Perry’s first love is Asian food, with a strong Chinese leaning. In this Asian cooking class we explore some of his favourite dishes, taken from his book, Simply Asian. Dishes include fried sweet corn cakes, steamed fish, tangerine beef and stir-fried vegetables with noodles
- Sunday 23 September at 4pm – North African Morocco tagines (R430pp). North African recipes are the results of the blending of European, African, and Arabic cuisines. The exotic flavours of North Africa reach their full expression in the cooking of Morocco. Moroccan cuisine is known for its flavourful stews, called tagines. In this Moroccan cooking class we cover the following dishes, which include harira; lamb, chicken and pumpkin tagines; couscous; and coiled almond pastry.
- Monday 24 September at 6pm – Jamie’s Kitchen (R430pp). Jamie Oliver’s fourth book is packed with clear, no-nonsense advice and inspiration. It’s a cookbook in which he hopes you become ‘the boss in your own kitchen’. In our Jamie Oliver cooking class, we teach you all these hints and tips on how to be inspired when shopping – spotting what’s good, what’s in season and what’s good value. The dishes in which to teach you these tips are: chicken liver pâté, minted pea soup, ricotta gnocchi, pot roast deboned lamb shoulder, squid salad, and baked pears.
Cookbook of the week
Marshmallows are one of those standards treats that every child comes across sooner or later. Puffy, melt in the mouth pillows of flavour enjoyed by young and old. Our cookbook of the week, Marshmallow Madness shows how to whip up dozens of fluffy, puffy flavours. …. Click here to read more.
Click Here for reviews of all our cookbook reviews.
Food quote of the week
“Cooking is at once child’s play and adult joy. And, cooking done with care is an act of love” – Craig Clairborne
Recipes of the week:
Marshmallows are easy to make. This recipe, taken from our cookbook of the week, shows you just how easy it is. …. Click Here for all our recipes.
Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built Johannesburg cooking studio. Cookery classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – teambuilding cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference. Our cooking lessons are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and team building cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.