What a fantastic month we have had at Wickedfood Cooking School, with all of our individual classes fully subscribed. February is also looking good and the March programme is now live on Wickedfood website. You definitely need to book early to secure a place.
Every year Wickedfood Cooking School runs two Valentines’ dinners with a difference. Not only do you get to enjoy a delicious 4-course dinner, but you learn the secrets of how to cook it. Our class for 14 February is already full, but we still have space for nine couples for Saturday 16 February.
Looking for info on food?
If you have any food-related questions, or a dish that you just can’t get right or even a certain recipe that you are looking for, but just can’t seem to find, then contact us and we will do our best to answer it as soon as possible. Click Here for more information. Hope to hear from you soon.
Wickedfood Cooking School news
The Cooking class programmes for February and March are up on the internet, and bookings are now open. Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes with a minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 12 giving everyone hands-on experience and keeping the cooking class small enough for maximum learning. These cooking classes are conducted by our senior instructors who have extensive experience in the food industry and share a variety of additional cooking tips throughout the cooking class.
- Monday 04 February at 6pm –Easy Greek dishes for entertaining (R430pp). Greek cuisine has a long tradition and historically a forerunner of Western cuisine, spread its culinary influence – via ancient Rome – throughout Europe and beyond. The Greeks have interacted with many different cultures over the centuries and this has influenced the cuisine as it stands today. The Greek diet is the perfect example of traditional Mediterranean eating. It’s based around a variety of colourful and flavourful foods that are high in nutrients and low in animal fats. This Greek cooking class includes fried halloumi, bean soup, moussaka, spanokopita and honey tart.
- Sunday 10 February at 4pm – Outdoor Cooking – poultry (R430 per class). Learn the secrets of outdoor cooking on Cadac kettlebraais and gas barbecues. Dishes covered in this outdoor cooking class include whole roast juicy chicken, how to smoke a chicken in a kettlebraai, tangy tomato marinade, chicken kebabs, quick and easy bread pockets, grilled vegetables and bananas with a chocolate sauce.
- Saturday 16 February at 6pm – Romantic Valentine’s dinner, easy summer entertaining (R840 per couple). Join the staff at the Cooking School with the love of your life for a Valentine’s dinner with a difference. Not only will you get to enjoy a delicious 4-course dinner, but you will learn the secrets of how to cook it. Included in the price is a welcome glass of sparkling wine, house wine while preparing the food, and some specialist wines, complementing the food, with the meal. Space is limited to 30 students per class, so book early. The menu will be as follows, oyster shooter, insalata caprese, Asian prawn soup, chicken involtini, mini vegetable filo pies, chocolate pots and white chocolate truffles.
- Monday 18 February at 6pm –Gordon Ramsay – Cooking for Friends (R430pp). This Gordon Ramsay cooking class is based on his book Cooking for Friends. Love him or hate him, he certainly knows his food. In this book, we see a very different side of him, more relaxed, cooking some best-loved versions of classic British dishes for family and friends, including broccoli blue cheese and pear soup, mushroom and barley risotto, poached fish fillets, roast rib-eye of beef, and pear and frangipane tart.
- Tuesday 26 February at 6pm –Sushi 1 – The basics of sushi making (R440pp – maximum 18, so book early). The increasing popularity of sushi around the world has resulted in many more people wanting to learn the basics of sushi making, this Sushi cooking class shows you how to do the following – cutting fish, making rice, California and maki rolls, nigirizushi (finger), and hand rolls.
Cookbook of the week
Click Here for reviews of all our cookbooks.
Food quote of the week
“The next time you feel like complaining about food, remember that your garbage disposal probably eats better than 30 percent of the people in the world.” – Robert Orben
Recipe of the week
Many competent cooks have a phobia about making macarons. If you follow a few simple rules however macarons are not as difficult to bake as they may seem. After Master Chef Australia they have really become the current sweet craze. ….Click Here for all our recipes.
Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built Johannesburg cooking studio. Cookery classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – teambuilding cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference. Our cooking lessons are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and team building cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.