At present the school is super busy with end-of-year functions. We do however still have a few slots available, contact the school. And for those who just do not have the time for end-of-year functions, we are offering a 10% discount for a group cooking class booked this year for January or February next year, see below for details.
Our January programme is now up on our website, see the outline below. Once again we are offering you an exciting culinary trip around the world, hopefully a class for everybody, whether you want to learn the basics of cooking, how to make pastas and sauces, flavours of the Italian table, or some spicy Thai, we have a class to suit your taste buds.
Looking for info on food?
If you have any food-related questions, or a dish that you just can’t get right or even a certain recipe that you are looking for, but just can’t seem to find, then contact us and we will do our best to answer it as soon as possible. Click Here for more information. Hope to hear from you soon.
Wickedfood Cooking School news
The Cooking class programme for November and January is up on the internet, and bookings are now open for January. Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes with a minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 12 giving everyone hands-on experience and keeping the cooking class small enough for maximum learning. These cooking classes are conducted by our senior instructors who have extensive experience in the food industry and share a variety of additional cooking tips throughout the cooking class.
- Monday 19 November at 6pm – Healthy flavours of Vietnam (R430pp). For an example of how to eat healthily, simply, and well every day, look to Vietnam. Vietnam has one of the leanest and freshest cuisines imaginable. In this Vietnamese cooking class we cook classic dishes from the Vietnamese table, including fried springrolls, Vietnamese hot and sour fish soup, caramel chicken, squid salad, and coconut crème caramel.
- Sunday 13 January at 4pm – The Naked Chef (R430pp). Stop making reservations, and start cooking dinner! Jamie Oliver introduces us to his concept of naked food, and shares his simple, feisty, and delicious recipes that combine bold flavours with fresh ingredients. Oliver’s cookbooks appeal to anyone who wants to prepare fantastic meals but doesn’t want to spend all night cooking. This Jamie Oliver cooking class proves that even kitchen novices can make perfect foolproof roast chicken with roast potatoes, fresh tomato and sweet chilli soup, homemade pasta with mushrooms, roast butternut and fruit crumble.
- Monday 14 January at 6pm – 30 Minute Meals (R430pp). Trying to juggle work and home commitments can be tough in this day and age, and the statement of ‘who has time to cook these days’ is on the increase. In this ‘30 Minute Meals’ cooking class we show participants how to produce quick and easy 30-minute meals that are delicious and well balanced. Dishes include, Thai vegetable curry, chicken breast with feta and pasta, chilli steak wraps, penne with a rich tomato vodka cream sauce, fried fish with oven chips and homemade burgers.
- Sunday 20 January at 4pm – Classic Italian dishes (R430pp). Note that there is no such thing as ‘Italian cuisine’ with a unique nation-wide tradition of preparing food. Our Italian cooking class showcases the classic Italian dishes that every Italian food lover must have in their cook book. 6 hearty dishes include chicken liver crostinis, zucchini frittata, pasta with a clam sauce, Osso Buca, polenta and pannacotta.
- Monday 21 January at 6pm – Southeast Asian – Thai Class (R430pp). Thai cuisine places emphasis on lightly prepared dishes with strong aromatic components. Thai cuisine is also known for being quite spicy as well as balancing the four fundamental taste senses in each dish or the overall meal: sour, sweet, salty, and (optional) bitter. Learn how to balance these tastes in this Southeast Asian, Thai cooking class. Dishes include fried spare-ribs, Tom Yum soup, yellow curry chicken, spicy glass noodle salad, Phat Thai and a black rice with coconut pudding.
- Sunday 27 January at 4pm – North African Morocco tagines (R430pp). The exotic flavours of North Africa reach their full expression in the cooking of Morocco. In this Moroccan cooking class we learn how to prepare a delicious North African feast including harira; lamb, chicken and pumpkin tagines; couscous; and coiled almond pastry.
- Monday 28 January at 6pm – Making filled pasta and accompanying sauces (R430pp). Making pasta is really easy, and fresh pasta tastes better too. Learn the secrets of making pasta from scratch in this pasta cooking class. We also include fillings and sauces for these unique pasta shapes. Dishes covered in the class include cheese and ham ravioli with a tomato sauce, meat filled Agnolotti, spinach and ricotta tortellini, cappelletti filled with sweet potatoes and ravioli with apple and pecan nut stuffing.
10% January discount
Wickedfood Cooking School is offering a 10% discount on any bookings made this year for January and February 2013 for group cooking classes. Don’t delay… make sure you begin the new year with a big bang! To redeem this special offer, please quote “January/February special“ when making a booking.
Cookbook of the week
Marcella Hazan is responsible for bringing Italian cuisine into the homes of cooks around the world. Now a new generation is ready to be introduced to Marcella’s Italian kitchen, with Essentials of Italian Cooking. …. Click here to read more.
Click Here for reviews of all our cookbooks.
Food quote of the week
“I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead – not sick, not wounded – dead.” – Woody Allen
Recipe of the week
Ragu as the Bolognese call this sauce, is one of the staples of Italian cuisine. Great with pasta, steamed potatoes, mashed potatoes, lasagne, or as a cottage pie filling. …. Click Here for all our recipes.
Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built Johannesburg cooking studio. Cookery classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – teambuilding cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference. Our cooking lessons are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and team building cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.