Let’s Preserve It is filled with over 579 delightful recipes. Recipes ranging from A-Z and with almost everything one can think of. This delicious Lemon and Banana Jam is perfect for a Sunday afternoon tea on scones, cakes and even pancakes. However it is also delicious simply on toast for a quick breakfast. Once bottled, this jam can last up to a month and is delicious at any time of the day.
1. Peel and slice bananas and grate the lemon rinds.
2. Squeeze as much juice from lemons as possible and ensure that you remove all seeds.
3. Place banana slices, lemon juice and lemon rind into a large pot and cover with sugar.
4. Allow to stand for 1 hour in order to allow all flavours to infuse and break down.
5. Bring pot to a very slow boil, it should take about an hour for your pot to begin to boil.
6. Allow to boil until mixture begins to thicken.
7. While your jam is boiling place 20ml of boiling water into each of your jam jars.
8. Place jars into preheated over at 200 degrees to sterilize jars. Leave in oven for 5 minutes.
9. Remove jars from oven and while still hot place jam into each jar. Ensure that jars are tightly sealed and allow to cool.
10. Once fully cooled place in refrigerator.
Can be served on scones, pancakes or cakes.
Store in a dark cool place and do not allow to stand out in the heat for too long.