This week we have chosen a fabulous Grilled fish steak with herbs recipe taken from our cookbook of the week Lazy Days. Lazy Days is your complete guide to summer cooking and this fresh and delicious fish is a wonderfully light meal on a warm summers evening and is great served with a small green salad or some French fries. Alternatively, once the fish is grilled you can flake it and add it to a salad for an ever fresher fish salad dinner.
2 thick fish steaks, about 180g each
sea salt and milled black pepper
sprigs of thyme, oregano and rosemary
lime or lemon wedges
slim crisp fries
1. Pat the fish steaks dry, season lightly with salt and pepper and moisten generously with olive oil
2. Place on a bed of fresh herbs in a suitably sized grill pan that has been lightly oiled.
3. Place under a hot grill for 5-7 minutes without turning, or until browned and just cooked through.
4. Place onto hot plates. Drizzle with olive oil
5. At the table, squeeze over lime or lemon juice and add a little sea salt and twist of black pepper.
6. Serve with slim crisp fries