Quick to prepare and a fantastic side dish or snack for any outdoor cooking session. If outdoor cooking is not possible then they can be cooked in the oven but you wont get the lovely smokey flavour.
10 large potatoes
¼ cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic – minced
2t dried thyme
2t dried oregano
1t black pepper
1t cayenne pepper
- Prepare barbecue grill. Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- To prepare potatoes scrub under running water with stiff vegetable brush, rinse and dry well. (Do not peel.) Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, you then cut each half lengthwise into 4 wedges. Place potatoes in large bowl.
- Add oil and garlic; toss to coat well.
- Combine the spices and sprinkle over potatoes. Toss to coat well. Place potato wedges in single layer in shallow roasting pan. (Reserve remaining oil mixture left in bowl.)
- Bake 20 minutes, then take potato wedges out of oven (or a further 20 minutes at 170ºC in the oven).
- Place potato wedges on their sides on grid of a preheated barbecue grill and roast, over medium coals for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are browned and fork tender, brushing with reserved oil mixture halfway through cooking. Turn once with tongs, during cooking.
Runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built cooking studios. Classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – team building cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference.
Our classes are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and teambuilding cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.