Absolutely fascinating the amount of food blogs out there. Delish.com recently published their tastiest, most delectable, most must-read food blogs, with recipes, kitchen stories, and mouthwatering photos – all 5 pages of them.
In South Africa there are a number of annual awards acknowledging food bloggers in our own country.
- Food and the fabulous was voted best food blog for 2011 in the annual SA Blog Awards, a great site lots of interesting snippets and recipes and some very good photo’s.
- This year Eat In DStv Food Network Produce Awards will recognize for the first time the role that local food bloggers play in growing the local food industry. They have the shortest of what they regard to be the 10 best food blogs in South Africa on their website, together with links to each site.
Wickedfood cooking school subscribes to a number of food websites to keep abreast of food trends from around the world. All those websites listed below have a newsletter that you can subscribe to, as well as mouth-watering recipes and food ideas. Our favorite sites include:
- BBC Food – With the selection of easy-to-prepare recipes, many of them from featured celebrity chefs. Each week the newsletter carries a pertinent theme, this week it is Valentine’s recipes, including a great selection of cocktails. See our recipe of the week.
- Saveur – Regarded by Wickedfood cooking school as the best food magazine and web site in the world. Apart from a wide selection of scrumptious recipes, the web site also has interesting articles on cooking techniques and food travel.
- JamieOliver.com – Jamie’s official web site, again with a superb selection of easy to prepare recipes and food tips. See is delicious romantic dinner for two menu ideas for a special valentines feast.
Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes with a minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 12 as this gives everyone hands-on experience and keeps the cooking class small enough for maximum learning. These cooking classes are conducted by our senior instructors who have extensive experience in the food industry and share a variety of additional cooking tips throughout the cooking class.