Wickedfood Cooking Schools are offering 3 very different cooking experiences for this year’s Valentine’s Day. For those with limited time or wish to celebrate on the evening of 14 February, Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill is the perfect option. On the other side, for those who want to make a day of it, drive out to Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School in Hekpoort, just 65km from Fourways or Pretoria.
Not only will you get to enjoy a delicious 4-course meal, but you will learn the secrets of how to cook it. Included in the price is a welcome glass of sparkling wine and some specialist wines, complementing the food, with the meal. Space is limited to 30 students per class, so book early.
Saturday 11th February at 6pm (Sunninghill) – Romantic Valentine’s dinner, class 1 (R995 per couple).
- Oyster shooter – oyster, in a shot glass, with tomato cocktail, and vodka.
- Insalata Caprese – layered tomatoes, basil and mozzarella, dressed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Asian prawn soup – a blend between a prawn bisque and southeast Asian coconut soup.
- Chicken Involtini – chicken breasts, filled with mortadella and fontina, and braised.
- Mini vegetable filo pies – mixed vegetables and grains, with a blend of spices.
- Chocolate pots – easy mousse that could be made the day before
Sunday 12th February at 10am (Hekpoort) – Romantic Valentine’s lunch in the country (R995 per couple).
- 10am – Welcome drink and snacks on arrival;
- Mezze platter for 2 to share – dips and cold meats, produced on the farm, and farm-made bread.
- Chilled tomato soup – with cheese straws sticks.
- Chicken and mushroom pot pies – slow cooked chicken, in a rich homemade chicken stock, with a thick creamy mushroom sauce, covered with puff pastry and cooked to crispy golden brown, and fresh seasonal vegetables.
- Peach melba: – farm grown poached peaches, with home-made vanilla ice-cream, a cold berry soup, fresh berries, and butter biscuits and chocolate brownies.
Tuesday 14th February at 6pm (Sunninghill) – Romantic Valentine’s dinner, class 2 (R995 per couple) – Fully booked.
- Mozzarella cheese filled pastry hearts – served with a sundried tomato pesto
- Chilled potato, shallot and lemongrass cold soup – with an oyster garnish.
- Harissa lamb cutlets – served with yoghurt dressing.
- Herbed couscous – with bright fruit and herbs.
- Summer colours salad – A beautiful fresh salad with a delicious dressing.
- Chocolate pots – easy mousse that could be made the day before.
To book contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or email@example.com