Not only is suckling pig a great centrepiece for a celebration, it is also a perfect option for a small family, giving 6 perfect roasts, each serving between 4 and 6 people. In this class you will be shown how to break the suckling pig down into the various joints, as well as ideas on how to cook them. We will also look at how to cook vegetables and sauces that go well with suckling pig. The programme is as follows:
- 10am – Tea, coffee and home-made cake on arrival;
- 10:30am – a practical demonstration on how to cut up a suckling pig (we will also have a limited number of suckling pigs available for sale for those of you who would like to cut one up in the class and take home);
- A tour of the vegetable gardens to pick vegetables for accompaniments to the meal;
- Prepare a 3 course meal, which will include:
- A starter
- Main, including roast suckling pig, 3 vegetables, sauces and a salad;
- Dessert made from fresh seasonal fruit.
- ±2pm – sit down to enjoy the meal you have prepared.
Cost: R500pp including an apron to take home after the class, home made fruit juices and limited wine with the meal. (No children under 16)