Welcome to 2014 and an exciting new year of cooking at our Country Cooking School. Our first cooking class is scheduled for Sunday 26 January. From then we will be running cooking classes most Sundays as well as monthly weekend cooking courses. Classes are small, with a maximum of 16 students, each 4 to 6 students has their own fully equipped kitchen station, to ensure that every student gets to participate in the preparation of every dish. Apart from the cooking classes, students also get to sit down to enjoy the meal they have prepared. The schedule so far is as follows (see Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School website for more details):
- Suckling Pig – Sunday 26 January, at 10am – see website for details;
- The perfect roast chicken – Sunday 9 February – in this class we’ll give you great ideas for cooking chicken, both in the oven, and how to smoke it in a kettle braai, so that it stays perfectly moist and juicy, with a crispy skin;
- Valentine gourmet weekend – Evening of Friday 14 February to Sunday lunch on 16 February – spend a weekend of pure indulgence with the love of your life sampling great food and cooking up a storm;
- Seasonal cooking – 23 February – we look at how to make the most of fresh seasonal produce. This is a great class for both kitchen beginners, as well as those looking for new ideas in the kitchen.
The programme for our one-day classes are as follows:
- 10am – Tea, coffee and home-made cake on arrival;
- 10:30am – a practical demonstration on how to prepare the main ingredient (we will also have a limited amount of produce available for sale to take home);
- A tour of the vegetable gardens to pick vegetables for accompaniments to the meal;
- ±2pm – sit down to enjoy the 3-course meal, you have prepared, which will include:
- A starter;
- Main, including meat, 3 vegetables, sauces and a salad;
- Dessert made from fresh seasonal fruit.
Cost: R495pp including the use of an apron, home-made fruit juices and limited wine with the meal. (No children under 16).
Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School has a purpose-built training kitchen, fully fitted-out lecture room, as well as a series of training food gardens for half and full day corporate functions.