Thai and Vietnamese food has taken the world by storm, with its hot, sweet, sour, salty flavours. The Wickedfood team has spent collectively over two years in South East Asia, visiting the major cooking schools throughout the country, as well as spending numerous hours with street food vendors, learning the secrets of this intriguing cuisine. In this hands-on workshop, we will teach you how to make a variety of easy dishes, for a casual dinner party. Included in the price is tea and coffee on arrival, extensive notes, the hands-on cooking workshop and lunch at the end of the workshop.
The programme for the day is as follows:
- 9:30am – Tea, coffee on arrival;
- 10:00am – Introduction and hands-on cooking class on how to prepare;
- Fresh springrolls – a classic Vietnam snack, wrapped in rice-paper;
- Vegetable fritters – a favorite on-the-go snack, with Thai dipping sauce;
- Saté – strips of meat with a delicious peanut dipping sauce, one of Asia’s most popular street-food, grilled over coals;
- Chaing Mai noodle curry chicken – one of the great curry noodle dishes of northern Thailand.
- Vegetable green curry – the base for a variety of Thailand’s spicy hot curries, with a rich coconut cream;
- River rice – cooked rice flavoured with lemongrass, shrimp and shallot paste.
- Green pawpaw salad – A spicy street salad, just as delicious with strips of cucumber, grated carrots, or strips of green beans.
- Sweet sticky rice – a base for many desserts, but perfect with ripe small mangoes, one of the all-time classic desserts of the world;
- Sit down to enjoy the meal you have prepared.
- ± 2:30pm depart.
When: Sunday 12 March 2017 at 9:30am
Where: Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, Hekpoort, just 65km from Fourways in the beautiful Magalies Valley;
Cost: R495pp, No children under 16