R40.00 – R70.00
At the cooking school, we use the vinegar to:
- Add to fresh strawberries to enhance the flavour.
- Drizzle over vanilla ice cream – adds a depth of fruitiness and delicious flavour, seriously refreshing.
- Deglaze cooking pans after sautéing lamb or liver. It gives a fruity depth to the caramelised flavours in the pan. Mix in a few spoons of cream for a quick, thick, luxurious sauce.
- Pour over ice then fill up with mineral water or lemonade.
- G & T or sparkling wine – 1T adds a delicious fruitiness and colour.
- Beat into a salad dressing with olive oil and black pepper and use to dress spinach or mixed leaf and goat’s cheese salads.
Strawberries are a rich source of vitamin C, manganese and a number of trace elements. At Wickedfood Earth Farm we grow strawberries organically and harvest them at the peak of their ripeness. We then turn them into vinegar, by blending them with premium quality cider vinegar and sugar. We use no preservatives, artificial flavourants or colourants. Historically flavoured fruit vinegars were valued for their medicinal qualities, typically used to relieve coughs, fevers and colds.