Served with smoked salmon and mustard dressing, also good for breakfast.
4 large (±1kg) potatoes
1/4 cup chives, chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup flour
Oil for frying To serve
80g smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
Mustard dressing (below)
Chopped chives for garnish
- Grate the potatoes and place in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes.
- Rinse, drain and squeeze out any excess liquid tightly with your hands.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl and mix with the chives, egg, flour, and a little salt and pepper.
- Heat some oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Spoon ±1T of mixture into the pan, flatten slightly, and fry until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towels and continue until all the potato cakes are made.
Arrange the potato cakes on a large platter, top with the salmon and drizzle with mustard dressing. Garnish with chopped chives.
1T Dijon or whole grain mustard
1T mascarpone cream
2T white wine vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Whisk the mustard, sugar, mascarpone, salt and vinegar together in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
Add the oil in a thin stream, whisking vigorously to incorporate to a thick sauce.
Sunninghill – (011) 234-3252 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wickedfood cooking school in Johannesburg runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built cooking studios. Cooking classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). This team building venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – team building cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference.
Our cooking classes are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and teambuilding cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.