A great healthy soup that is quick to make with little effort and works well as a warm hearty winter soup or cold summer alternative.
Oil for frying
2 carrots peeled and roughly sliced
2 celery stalks sliced
2 medium onions chopped
2 cloves garlic sliced
2L vegetable stock
800g frozen peas
1 cup fresh mint leaves
Sea salt and pepper
1 ciabatta for serving (optional)
125ml crème fraîche (optional)
- Heat 2T oil in a large pot and add the carrots, celery, onions and garlic and fry until carrots are soft and onion is golden brown ±10 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and mix in well soaking up any flavours that have stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the peas, stir well and bring up to a boil and then allow to simmer for until peas are soft.
- Take off the heat and add mint leaves and liquidize until smooth.
- To serve
- Divide into bowls and serve with fresh or toasted bread and crème fraîche.
Wickedfood Cooking school runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built Johannesburg cooking studios. Cookery classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – team building cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference.
Our cooking lessons are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and teambuilding cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.