Pasta is a fantastic ingredient, light and summary, or rich and comforting, it all depends on the sauce. In this dish, pork sausage, blue cheese, and fresh oregano make a great sauce for pasta, a perfect quick winter dish, and served with nothing more than a leafy winter green salad.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes. Strain pasta, reserving 1⁄2 cup pasta cooking liquid, and set aside.
- Add wine to sausages and cook until reduced by one quarter, about 2 minutes.
- Add the blue cheese, cream, and oregano and cook until the mixture is thick and the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in reserved pasta and season with salt. (If sauce seems too thick, stir in some of the reserved pasta cooking liquid.)
- Transfer pasta to a small platter, garnish with grated cheese and season with black pepper.
Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built Johannesburg cooking studio. Cookery classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – teambuilding cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference. Our cooking lessons are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and team building cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients. We’ve just launched a new and exciting class, Wickedfood Master Cook. Think Master Chef with a fun twist.