Wickedfood Cooking School Sunninghill
2-Hour Cooking class – One-Dish + One-Side Menu for groups, corporates & team building
(See terms & conditions below – all prices exclusive of VAT)
One-Dish + One-Side Menu offers clients the opportunity to attend a more focused, quicker cooking class. The menu consists of one dish plus a side dish to complement the meal. Dessert is also included – we offer a seasonal choice of 2 options, made ahead of time by Wickedfood (see choices on page 2).
Our classes are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to socialise. For corporate groups these classes are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.
We divide the group into teams of between 8 and 15 people per team (maximum 4 teams – see terms on page 3). Due to the nature of our hands-on classes, participants never feel threatened or moved outside their comfort zone as in many other team building activities.
• Participants will be given a 30 minute introduction followed by 30 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to cook and 30 minutes to eat resulting in a 2-hour activity. (Want to add extra time, no problem, add R33pp per half hour or part thereof, subject to venue availability.)
• On arrival, our instructor will run through the workings of the kitchen and judging criteria (see below), talk about the ingredients, and discuss recipe tips.
• Participants will then begin their preparation followed by cooking their dish.
• For every 30 participants an instructor will assist with the preparation and help co-ordinate the cooking.
• Participants then enjoy the meal they have prepared.
• All ingredients and notes;
• Limited fruit juices and soft drinks (you are welcome to bring your own additional soft drinks, wine and beer (see point 6 & 7 in our terms on page 3);
• The use of our branded aprons. (We also have various coloured aprons, knives and bottles of preserves for sale as gifts);
Fruit bake with custard
Seasonal stewed fruit in syrup baked with a golden crunchy, buttery topping.
A light and fluffy fresh lemon mousse is the perfect warm-weather dessert.
By booking for a cooking class it is understood that these Terms and Conditions are understood and accepted by all participants, and that the booking agent or organizer of the team building group has explained these terms and conditions to all participants attending the cooking class.
- Cooking class content may change from time to time. Apart from the above suggestions, Wickedfood Cooking School is also able to tailor-make cooking classes to suit clients’ individual needs at an additional cost.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all cooking lasses have a maximum of 60 participants (4 counters).
Prior to arrival, Wickedfood Cooking School would ask the organizer of the team building to divide the group up into teams (or we would be happy to do it randomly, at your request), as follows (should you wish to divide the teams up into smaller team building groups, there will be a surcharge of R1 000 per counter to cover additional staff and operational costs):
- Up to 15 participants – 1 counter
- 16 to 30 participants – 2 counter
- 31 to 45 participants – 3 counter
- 46 to 60 participants – 4 counter
- Wickedfood Cooking School in Johannesburg supplies all ingredients, extensive notes and the use of an apron to wear while cooking (we sell retail aprons @ R100 exc VAT per apron). At the end of the cooking class, clients are invited to sit down and enjoy the food they have prepared, an ideal way of interacting with each other during a team building.
- See specially marked menus for Halaal and Vegetarian – Please give at least 7 working days’ notice. Please note that due to the format of cooking classes, if Halaal or Vegetarian menus are chosen, the whole counter will need to use these ingredients, so put all the Halaal or Vegetarian participants in one team. We can unfortunately not accommodate special dietary requirements and allergies.
- As these are hands-on cooking classes, Wickedfood Cooking School suggest that participants come comfortably dressed, preferably in jeans and T-shirt, with flat gym shoes, as leather soles are inclined to slip.
- We are not licenced. Clients are welcome to bring their own beer, cider and wine only to the cooking classes (please deliver to the school premises in Sunninghill, Johannesburg – contact the school prior to delivery for directions). By prior arrangement (minimum 7 working days), we can order in wine, beer and ciders from our local liquor store with an added handling fee. Please discuss when making your booking. The Cooking School in Johannesburg does not have storage facilities and all deliveries must take place no more than one working day prior to the team building event. If any alcohol is left over, collection must take place no more than one working day after the team building event. Any alcohol not collected on the day after the team building event will be disposed of. Please also note that we only have very limited fridge facilities for chilling drinks, and clients are advised to supply ice and a storage container to chill drinks for larger team building groups.
- As all of our cooking classes are hands-on, our knives are sharp and we cook with gas, we need to ensure that participants are in full control of their actions at all times. Spirits are not allowed to be consumed on the premises. All cooking participants are asked to refrain from consuming alcohol prior to the class (any participants disregarding these stipulations, will be asked to terminate their participation immediately, and be removed from the property if necessary).
- The object of the cooking school is to teach cooking skills in a fun environment, and the emphasis is on hands-on cooking, having fun and socialising. To ensure that our instructors have control, we are unable to accommodate individuals who are rowdy and unruly as this inevitably leads to a breakdown of the cooking class creating an unpleasant environment for the rest of the group. We would look to the organizer of the team building group to make this clear to all participants and to control the group. The booking agent or organizer of the team building group will be held liable for costs arising from damages caused to property and equipment due to negligence on the part of unruly students.
- As these cooking classes are very popular we would suggest that clients book at their earliest convenience. To confirm bookings we would require a 50% non-refundable deposit within 3 days of booking, with the balance paid not later than 14 days prior to the event (classes will not be run, and we reserve the right to re-sell the date, if full fees are not received 14 days prior). Once bookings have been confirmed, no changes to the dates will be considered if these changes are made less than 14 days prior to the original date, and no refunds will be considered. No refunds will be considered for a decrease in numbers within 7 working days of the booked date.
- In the event of a confirmed booking being cancelled by the client, they will be liable for all legal fees arising out of the non payment of the invoice.
- Cooking Classes run in the mornings and afternoons from ±10h00 and in the afternoon/evening, starting at 16h00, 17h00 or 18h00. A R33pp charge per half hour (or part thereof) overtime levy will be added to all invoices where groups arrive late and/or stay longer than 2 hours or later than 21h30 (prior arrangements must be made with the booking clerk prior to the function). Due to the high demand for the cooking school, cooking classes need to be turned around promptly, to enable our staff to set up for the next group. This may result in your class having to be cut prematurely short if your group arrives late.
- Although every precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of participants, their belongings and their vehicles, Wickedfood Cooking School and its staff cannot be held responsible for any injuries or other mishaps that may occur while on the premises. By requesting an invoice to book a class it is understood that these Terms and Conditions are understood, and accepted by all participants and that the booking agent or organizer of the group has explained these Terms and Conditions to all participating in the team building activity.