Easy to prepare Japanese dishes
Wickedfood Cooking School in Sunninghill will be hosting a very special cooking class on Monday 20 October at 6pm. The class is entitled ‘Easy to prepare Japanese dishes’.
Japanese cuisine is based on combining the staple food, which is steamed white rice with one or several main dishes and side dishes. The phrase “one soup, three sides” refers to the makeup of a typical meal served. Explore these traditional flavours in this Japanese cooking class. A selection of classic dishes from the Japanese kitchen.
- Scattered rice sushi – rice being accompanied by bite sized pieces of seafood and vegetables.
- Prawn ball and egg knot soup – nourishing soup, with a pleasing visual effect.
- Prawn and avocado salad – with wasabi dressing, ideal summer salad, or starter.
- Beef sashimi – lightly seared with garlic.
- Tempura – deep-fried fish and vegetables in a light batter.
- Sushi rice – how to make the perfect rice.
- Green tea ice-cream – a refreshing ice-cream with which to end a meal.
We encourage the participants to ask questions in the cooking class and to get involved with as much as possible in this hands-on class. Our aim is to give the participant the confidence to replicate the dishes taught in the class. These dishes have been put together to showcase a few fundamental Japanese techniques which could be used in many different Japanese dishes.
Join us and other like minded foodies in cooking ‘Easy to prepare Japanese dishes’ on Monday 20 October at 6pm.
To book your place, contact our booking office: tel 076 236 2345 or email us at Sunninghill@wickedfood.co.za
Wickedfood Cooking School Johannesburg.