500g cake flour
2T baking powder
1 cup oil
±1 cup milk
1 egg yolk
1/2 Chourico, chopped – reserve 3-4 slices for garnishing
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Grease a loaf tin or muffin pans.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Add eggs, oil and milk. Beat well, adding a little extra milk if the mixture seems too dry.
- Add sliced sausage (reserve 3-4 slices for garnishing).
- Place in a loaf pan (or muffin pan) and brush the top with egg yolk. Garnish with the leftover slices of sausage.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190°C for 1 hour (±15-20 minutes for muffins).
Makes 8-10 large muffins or mini loaves.
Try it with this Delicious Carrot and Coriander Soup.
Runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built cooking studios. Classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). The venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – team building cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference.
Our classes are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and teambuilding cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.