These marinated whole chickens in a home-made peri-peri sauce, are perfect for braaing, alternatively roast in a very hot oven. Adjust the heat, by the number of chillies you add.
2 x 1,2 to 1,5kg chickens
Salt and pepper
200g soft butter
4-10 small whole peri-peri dried chillies, crushed
±2T lemon juice
8 cloves garlic, minced
2T olive oil
2t chicken stock powder
- Clean chickens and spatchcock, by cutting them down the spine, then opening and pressing them to flatten. Slit through the thick parts of the chicken, especially the breasts and legs. This allows the marinade to penetrate and to cook more evenly.
- Make a paste with the ingredients and rub over the inside and outside of the chicken. Allow the chicken to marinate for ±2 hours, or overnight in the fridge.
- If roasting in the oven, then preheat 220°C.
- Roast (or braai), for ±45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes, and basting the chicken with the paste every time it is turned.
- Cut into pieces and serve with potatoes and a salad.
Wickedfood Cooking School
Sunninghill – (011) 234-3252 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wickedfood Cooking School runs cooking classes throughout the year at its purpose-built cooking studios in Johannesburg. Cooking classes are run in the mornings and evenings 7 days a week (subject to a minimum of 12 people). This team building venue is also popular for corporate events and private functions – team building cooking classes, birthdays, kitchen teas, and dinner parties with a difference.
Our cookery classes are hands-on, where every person gets to participate in the preparation of the dishes. They are also a lot of fun where you not only learn new skills, but get to meet people with similar interests. For corporate groups and team building cooking classes these events are a novel way of creating staff interaction or entertaining clients.